What to do after a crash
If anyone’s injured, call 911.
move the vechicles off the road, if it’s safe to do so.
Avoid discussing who’s at fault for the crash.
Record the following for all vichicle and drivers involved in the crash:
- driver name, contact information, driver’s licence number and province/state,
- vichicle licence plate number, vichicle year, make and model,
- insurance details, if the vichicle isn’t BC
You may also need to provide this information to the police.
Look for witness. record their names and contact information.
Discribe the crash scene:
- What was the date, time and location?
- What were the weather and road conditions?
- What direction were each of you travelling?
- Where was your vechicle and what lane were you using?
- Where was the other vechicle and what lane was it in?
If possible, take photos, od use the diagram.
Report your claim.
By phone : 604-520-8222(Lower Mainland)
1-800-910-4222(elsewhere in BC, Canada or the US.)
Translation services available.
When you’re ready to select a repair shop, find one near you on icbc.com
ICBC has accredited more than 400 auto bady shops throughout B.C. By taking your vechicle to an ICBC c.a.r. shop or c.a.r. shop VALET facility, your repairs are guaranteed for ads long as you own your vechicle.